When you work with me, I can help guarantee your closing date and assure you that you are getting a competitive price for the closing agent’s services. We will set up a mutually agreed upon time between you and the bank, and of course you must bring all required documentation to close.

You will need a cashier’s check or certified check for closing. Since this is such a large transaction, a cashier’s check provides verification that the funds are actually available.

What is title insurance?

Title insurance protects the lender or you against losses from disputes over the title of a property. It ensures against the possibility that there may be an unknown lien or any discrepancies in ownership. You may want to consider purchasing a separate buyer’s policy to protect your interests.

The amount of title insurance needed is based on the value of your home and the amount of your mortgage.

How much homeowner’s insurance does I need?

Your homeowner’s insurance policy must cover the cost to rebuild the home. The insured amount may be higher or lower than the actual purchase price as long as it meets the program requirements. The insurance company you choose can give you an actual quote based on specific information about the property.

Do I need flood insurance?

If your home is located in a Special Flood Hazard Area, federal law requires you to have flood insurance, which is not covered by most standard homeowner’s insurance policies. You may also choose to obtain flood insurance coverage even if not required by the lender.

What inspections do I need before I close on my home?

Certain inspections may be required for particular loan programs, but there are some inspections to consider regardless, including:

  • General Home Inspections
  • Radon Test
  • Termite Inspection
  • Water Test (for well water)
  • Septic Tank Inspection